Pages

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Bee Keeper Hat Cake

My little brother had his 6th birthday last week, and I made him a bee keeper hat cake. I had planned on a beehive, but as I did not make it right, it ended up as a hat :P I took some pictures along the way, but this is by no means a tutorial :)

This cake is all natural, as usual, and the yellow icing was achieved by adding turmeric. 










the bees are made from white chocolate that I made modeling chocolate out of, the stripes are drizzled milk chocolate and the wings and heart shapes I made with with melted milk chocolate. 






post signature

2 comments:

  1. Oh my! You are talented in the ways of pastry decorating, Theresa! And photography, and sewing, and and and! haha

    Love that cake!

    Love you!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete