Pages

Sunday, May 24, 2015

A Skirt Of Music

Well well, I've been gone for some time haven't I? Very sorry dear readers, hopefully I'll be back into the swing of things soon! Until then, since I'm only here for a brief minute (aaaah, types as fast as fingers will allow), here are some pictures of an outfit that Care took before I got my haircut. I have like three other outfit posts in draft, as well as a music update, and some sewing. I literally haven't been on the computer though, I actually couldn't remember the order of my password. No kidding. So, I'm sorry but I'm going to try and do better! 

I loved this outfit. The sweater was adorable, not the most flattering to a fuller figure, but I really liked the style of it. And the skirt-can I just say Chicwish is an amazing site! This is skirt number 4 from them :) Very pleased as usual :) 









Skirt: Chicwish
Sweater: VV
Shoes: VV
Earrings: gift :)

Toodles! 
post signature

8 comments:

  1. Oh that skirt is fabulous Theresa! Absolutely love your outfit.

    Brigid
    the Middle Sister and Singer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brigid! I reeeaaallly like the skirt, so you'll probably be seeing it again :)

      Delete
  2. You are so cute! Miss you!
    Love,
    Callan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word, I literally squealed when I saw the preview photo for this post, as that Chicwish skirt is super high up on my wishlist. I'm hoping and crossing my fingers that it will still be available when my birthday rolls around in July and that I can put some funds that a dear relative always gives me for it to use on this skirt.

    May I ask, I don't own anything from Chicwish, but have been swooning over their offerings for ages now. How do you find their fit to be? I've heard in the broader fashion blog world that it can be a bit all over the place, but would love to know from a vintage blogger how true to size you find it to be (thanks, lovely!).

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even know what size I am in off the rack clothing, I haven't bought a skirt in a very long time, or pants for that matter. And when I do, I think every skirt/pants I have I've altered to fit my body. (I'm very curvy). My waist measures between 28" and 29" (it fluctuates), and the size Large at Chicwish is for a 28.5" waist. It fits me perfectly. Each of the 4 skirts I have from them all fit exactly the same (I have a skirt exactly like this music print skirt but with a painting on it, and then two circle skirts made of scuba diving material (neoprene?)). So I would say they fit true to size. I think there's a pretty good chance they'll still have it in July (fingers crossed), and if you do decide to buy it I'll be excited to see how you style it :)

      Delete
    2. You're such a dear, thank you very much for thorough, helpful answer. I really appreciate it!

      I'm really curvy, too, and usually wear a 27/28 inch waist on skirts, especially if they're even slightly high waisted, so I'd probably opt for the medium, but may size up just to be on the safe side.

      Thanks again - I will feel much more confident ordering in July (or anytime).

      Big hugs,
      ♥ Jessica

      Delete
  4. Wow that skirt is amazing! As a lover of music,I can say i've never seen a skirt like this before. What a great novelty print.

    www.pearlsandpurlsvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete