Pages

Friday, March 20, 2015

Latta's Kilts & Petticoats (Picture Heavy)

Don't all the posts on here end up being "Picture Heavy"? I suppose I'm a little trigger happy.  But-at least I know where I get it from- Mama! Because you see the pictures in this post are pictures she took. :) 

A month before the Celtic Festival out at Latta Plantation (for those of you who don't know, that is where we do historical reenacting), Caroline and I joined "Latta's Kilts & Petticoats" which is the Scottish Country Dance group that Bascha teaches. We had a blast, though I'm afraid we weren't the most cooperative students. And Bascha agrees :P. She's was an amazing teacher though, and managed not only to keep us in order during practices, but she pulled off the demonstrations at the Celtic Festival amazingly :D Three cheers for Bascha! Also cheers for my mom and dad who let us do this, and cheers to Mrs. Hope who managed the music for us at the event :)

Latta had a great turn out too, over 2,000 people came out for the 2015 Celtic Festival!


Bascha and Abe
 Caroline, Ann Marie, and Audrey
the set for "Flowers of Edinbourough"




Abe and Ann Marie are off the ground during the Boston Two Step!
The Boston Two Step with audience participation
my feet :)

Dancing makes people happy :)
Caroline and Abe during "St. Brenard's Waltz"
Bascha and I waltzing :)
me dancing with Poppy :)


Care and Joshua


during "Shepherds Crook" one of my favorites :)





but first....we had to take a selfie :P photo creds to Paul holding B's cellphone lol
us wearing our plastic :) taken by Bascha
me about to catch on fire. Taken by bascha
Kilts & Petticoats!!!!!
So that's all folks! The videos are on Bascha's phone, and I'm not sure at all how to get them into this blog post. The other videos are too big, and they don't run smoothly. But I had a great time dancing and I'm very grateful to have gotten to be a part of it :) 
post signature

9 comments:

  1. Wow looks like so much fun! :D Wish I could have made it!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was :D I'm sad you couldn't make it, but at least we ended up seeing anyway!

      Delete
  2. Question: why are you and Bascha wearing white skirts and everyone else is wearing blue?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the same question, Kaitlyn! :)

      Delete
    2. Everyone had blue skirts but me, mine was light blue (her store didn't have anymore blue in the correct size). And so Bascha then got white for both of us so we would at least match eachother :) There was no real reason for it, it just kind of worked out that way. :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, it looks like you had a splendid time! My sister Charlotte and I took Scottish Country Dancing lessons for a little bit. We learned mostly solo dances, but the group and partner dances you did look so fun!

    Brigid
    the Middle Sister and Singer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh fun! I know one solo dance, and I'd love to learn more at some point *hint hint Bascha* :P. But I do think all Scottish dancing is a very pretty form of dance. :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Theresa! I have just discovered your blog and love it! I've enjoyed seeing your lovely vintage inspired outfits, reading about the reenactments you participate in, and your beautiful photos! Looking forward to reading more posts! Hope you will come check out mine and follow! Blessings!
    ~Sarah C~
    http://allthingsvintage-sc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comment Sarah! I will be sure to check out your blog too!

      Delete