Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Tuesday's Musings

So last week I was tagged by Kaitlyn Metzger of A Gentle and Quiet Spirit to do a random tags kind of post. I'm not sure if it has a name, she called it "Nominations" so I'll do something along those lines :) 

1) What is your dream job and why?
My dream job would probably be doing African Hair Braiding. I enjoy doing it because it's creative and calming. And I think if I had the opportunity to spend 2 or 3 hours with someone, once or on a regular basis it would be an awesome time to share the gospel and give the love and hope of Jesus Christ into people I did hair for. 
2) What are your 3 favorite hobbies? 
Singing and music related activities, photography and swing dancing.
3) If you could go anywhere, where would it be? 
I actually don't have any big dreams or aspirations for travel. I would love to see more of everything obviously, as I do have a little bit of an exploring/adventurous side to me, but there isn't a particular place I can pin-point. 
4) What book has most impacted your life? 
The Bible :D
5) Who are your favorite bloggers or blogs?

This is SO hard!!! I follow 100 blogs exactly on bloglovin-and quite frankly there is something about each blog that I like enough to follow it. Most of all the blogs I follow are historical costuming. Then there are some vintage bloggers, and then a few randoms (such as art, or life, or "faith" blogs) 
Here are a few of my most inspirational, or my first loves :P Not in any particular order. 

Lily, from "Mode de Lis" WOW WOW WOW. 

My dear young lady who I'm still not sure if she wants her name on the Internet. She goes by the pen name Frieda, but I tend to just call her "Miss F". She blogs Ruffles not Rifles and I've been following her since the very beginning of my costuming journey :D

Sarah, from Talk Time is so fabulous- I enjoy every minute spent on her blog :D She's got a writing style that I absolutely love, and her posts are always a joy to read. 

Butterfly Loves Snapdragons is probably my most inspiration blog fashion wise. She wears a lot of vintage pieces, and has some pretty incredible hairstyles, but she still seems so down to earth and normal. Which can be hard to say for all fashion bloggers. That coat with the fur trim and those hair rolls she's sporting in her last post are pretty fantabulous!! 

And last but not least (because I will say Merja is my favorite) is Before the Automobile. She is my favorite costumer like EVER, and my biggest inspiration. (well Bascha would be my inspiration, but apart from Bascha :P) Words cannot describe how well she sews. *I can't even*. 
(Due to the costumes, and period undergarments, there are corsets and things that may be deemed inappropriate for some of my readers. You know who you are :))

6) What is your current favorite song? 

Too hard. I skip this question :P I actually don't have a "current" favorite, I have some "old favorites" that I've loved for many years, but as of new songs I just like the songs I sing when I'm worshipping with JP.

7) Do you have a favorite quote? If so, what? 

“If sinners be damned, at least let them leap to Hell over our dead bodies. And if they perish, let them perish with our arms wrapped about their knees, imploring them to stay. If Hell must be filled, let it be filled in the teeth of our exertions, and let not one go unwarned and unprayed for.” 
― Charles H. Spurgeon

8) If you could only have one social media site, what would you pick and why?

I would actually probably say Pinterest. Which is funny because I don't even have a Pinterest anymore. I'd pick Pinterest because it is so nice to be able to keep photos and links all in the same place, but in there own separate folders. And you can search for specific pins of your own in your own folders. Plus, there are so many good ideas and recipes on there that I think are very helpful. 

9) What book of the Bible are you reading? 

James, Psalms, and Proverbs.

10) What is your favorite Bible verse? 

I don't have a favorite :P
post signature

2 comments:

  1. I love that quote by Spurgeon! LOVE IT! lol good answers! I love Before the Automobile, too! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it good? And thanks :). Merja is hands down amazing, if it weren't for her I'd be glued to a pattern every time I sat down to sew!

      Delete