Pages

Friday, August 29, 2014

The Green Swing Dress

Well before I present another eShakti dress, I'll tell you about my hair. It is, as you can see, curly. Now I was trying to do that lovely bouncy wave...had wave clips, had hairspray, watched a tutorial on youtube, this hair was going to be fabulous. I still am not sure what I was doing wrong but it ended up (this is my third try ya'll) in ringlets...that when brushed went ka-poof instead of sleek. Anyways, long story short I ended up putting it in a bun (not going out with that hair lol). But I do have pictures of it looking some-what pin curl-ish. Idk, what do you think?

Joshua was my photographer today since Caroline has been taking drivers ed this week and Mama didn't have time. (And Kyla is in the mountains). But guys, I think this might be my favorite dress yet :) It's got a 40's style bodice and a 50's style skirt-what more could a girl ask for? The fabric is a lovely shade of green knit, the dress has pockets and side zip.

My only complaint would be that the bodice is a little too long. Because of this It makes the waistband fold over on itself almost completely, and instead of being smooth against my body there are these funny little puckers on the bust. (the fullest part of the bust on the dress is higher than on me). But those are minor issues and I'm content with the dress :) And guess what? My Ked's match the colour EXACTLY, which is hilariously perfect!

funny puckers. But isn't the design lovely?
and those sleeves...:D

my dancin' shoes :)
earring selfie
Dress: eShakti
Petticoat: made by me
Earrings: $1 from some store in the mall
Shoes: my green Keds from Off Broadway Shoes
post signature

2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't worry about the puckers, Theresa! The dress is cute on you and I love how it matches your keds so well! Your hair is cute!

    Love,
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete