Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Playing Catch-Up

It's only been a few days, but if feels like forever since I've posted. A lot has happened in these past few days, which may or may not be of great interest to you, but I will fill you in and play catch up :)
Over the weekend, Caroline and I went to stay with Mimi and Poppy. And we shopped and shopped and shopped. And I was able to find some fantastic things such as BOBBY SOCKS which I have been on the hunt for since like forever. I also found two beautiful belts, a wool beret, a super soft plaid scarf (yay!!), and an adorable little pocketbook. The pocketbook will be for a present later, but the other things I took home with me :) Thanks a bunch Mimi and Poppy!!! Oh, and most importantly from this trip. A friend of theirs recently had a family member pass away, and the lady left behind a large stash of fabrics and such. Buttons, millions of buttons. Literally bins and bins and bins. And Mimi and Poppy were kind enough to bring it down to my house for me. :) And low and behold, in the many boxes, I found a most delightful surprise. Vintage clothing. Hand made and very very old :D There were two skirt shirt sets, one of which I'm sure is from the 50's!!!! And then there's a pair of VINTAGE BLACK PANTS, and a navy skirt. And guess what???!!! IT ALL FITS ME PERFECTLY. This was none less than a miracle! :D :D :D 
Next up in the catch up game I have pictures. Turkey cupcake things I made at work. Aren't they kinda cute? I made 6 I think.  
And still more pictures, here's an outfit. If I were to make a seperate post of this outfit I'd title it "Smart" since I think it's very smart and put together looking. I'm wearing some of my new stuff INCLUDING THE VINTAGE PANTS :) photo creds go to Joshua :)



The pants are amazing :)


bobby socks FINALLY :D :D :D 
all bundled up :)
Pants: vintage, gift
Sweater: Belk
Scarf: Belk
Hat: Belk (Mimi loves Belk :D)
Coat: unkown, I want to say it was from Kyla
Earrings: Care's
Boots: Rackrom Shoes
Socks: Belk
There's more, but I'll post those pictures and stories another day, since I have to go get ready for bed. xoxo
post signature

4 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH WHERE DID YOU FIND A BERET?!?!?!?! lol That is about the only kind of hat that looks good on me! :D I must find one soon... There's an Army Navy surplus store around here but, I'm afraid an actual army beret would be cheesy :P hehehe

    Love you!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^it said I got it at Belk :-D isn't a lovely ha though? You can order them from China for like $3 on eBay. At belk it was $15 I think, they also have red, lavender, brown and navy.

      Delete
  2. You look marvelous! This stylish fall ensemble has such a Parisian vibe to me. In fact, my very first thought it how it reminded me of what some of the (female) French Resistance fighters wore during WW2. So classic, becoming and cozy! Plus, it really makes me want to find a red plaid scarf of my own, too.

    Big hugs & happy Thursday wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! ♥♥ I think bright plaid scarves are an excellent fall/winter accessory, since it adds that bright pop of colour when most of the world seems to be lacking color a little bit. :-) Plus they're warm and cozy :-)

      Delete