Pages

Sunday, February 15, 2015

New Shoes

Over the weekend Caroline and I went to go spend some time with Grandma and Grandpa. Something I wouldn't mind doing more often xD. While we were there (for our birthdays they gave us tickets to a play) we went to a favorite theater of theirs, Twin City Stages, to see a play of Pride and Prejudice. It was so fun! 
This was the first play that I can recall ever going to, and it was a different experience than a film. You're still watching the story, but with the play it felt like you were made a part of the action, whereas in a movie you are kind of separated. There are pros and con's for both, but I enjoyed getting to see the story in a different way :) And I must say the actor who portrayed Mr. Collins did a smashing job, and the actress who played Mrs. Bennet was hilarious!
Here is the outfit that I wore to the play. I'm not nearly as talented, nor as patient as my mother, and after 5 minutes I gave up on hair dressing and just went with the easy peasy pony tail. :P You can see all the layers from the vintage haircut though! 








Blouse: Goodwill
Skirt: made by me
Petticoat: eBay
Shoes: Goodwill
Belt: Pink & Blue (Mimi and Poppy)
Pin: Grandma, estate sale
Hair Flower: Etsy (A Pink Swan)
Have you ever been to a play? Did you enjoy it? 
post signature

2 comments:

  1. Oh that sounds like fun! I so want to see a play someday... and act in one, too! :) I just got a new pair of shoes, as well, and they look a little like Oxfords. I should totally send you pictures! :D Sounds like you had a good time! I'm glad :)

    Love you!
    Ruth

    P.S. sending an email your way :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh do send me pictures! Or post them or something :D I still haven't found oxfords/loafers that are what I'm looking for...but believe me I'm looking! (I think you'd be great in a play).
      Love you too!

      Delete